IE Poverty Summit
The Inland Empire Poverty Summit
Friday, October 29th, 2021
The Alumni & Visitor Center
University of California, Riverside
The UC Riverside Blum Initiative on Global & Regional Poverty invites you to join us for a practitioner-focused event on issues of poverty in the Inland Empire.
The Summit includes an updated regional poverty report, a keynote address, networking lunch, practitioner-led Q&A, and presentations by leading scholars on the relationship between poverty and childhood development, childcare/early education, homelessness, affordable housing, social and racial disparities, and health and aging, among other topics.
We continue to build the day’s program, but confirmed speakers include:
· David Brady, Professor of Public Policy, UCR
· Ryan Finnegan, Associate Professor of Sociology, UC Davis
· Lisa Gennetian, Pritzker Professor of Early Learning Policy Studies, Duke University
· Heather Hill, Professor of Public Policy, University of Washington
· Jasmine Hill, Assistant Professor of Public Policy, UCLA
· Stan Oklobdijza, Visiting Assistant Professor of Public Policy, UCR
· Jennifer Montez, Gerald B. Cramer Faculty Scholar in Aging Studies, Syracuse University
Join us in connecting with others committed to poverty alleviation and to discuss cooperative solutions to poverty in the Inland Empire.
In-person attendance will be limited. Invitation to follow. RSVP required.